other bits of blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

the wetherbee formula


Hello. Ugh! I feel sick, I stayed home from school today. Sniffles, sore throat...you probably don't want to hear about it because you have it, too, and you're reading this for your enjoyment, right? Right, okay. And I know we're all busy, but I just wanted to give thanks today to a very important person in my life. Sorry I took so long to tell you all, but I had the sniffles severely last Tuesday, and it wasn't from a cold.
You know how the government didn't give enough money to some of the schools this year? Yes. So, at my school, they had to make a couple cuts. Because there are about three teachers in the grade above me who teach science, one of them is coming down to our grade, and my science teacher is being laid off. I've had my science teacher for two months (that's why she's the one going, because she's new), and those two months have changed my life. Literally, I'm not exaggerating!
Her name is Mrs. Wetherbee. I think she is probably the best teacher I've ever had in my life, and I've had a lot of amazing teachers. Mrs. Wetherbee makes science fun. Any time I'm feeling sad and I go into her classroom, I'm cheered up in an instant because of all the joy and love that just radiates from her. Science is my favorite class, now, because of her. Mrs. Wetherbee, when you read this, and I know you will sometime, I just want to tell you that I love you. I love you from the bottom of my heart, to the tip. You're not just a teacher, you're a friend. A very amazing friend. I'm so sad to see her go, but at least there's some good new about the whole situation.
Our new science teacher is pregnant. She'll start teaching us January 4th, after the holiday break, and she'll be leaving at the end of February or so, then staying out for the rest of the year on maternity leave. She's gong to need a substitute when she goes. She's going to try as hard as she can to make that substitute be Mrs. Wetherbee. If Mrs. Wetherbee, no, when (I'm thinking in the positive, okay) she comes back, class will be heaven once more, and I really hope that it does become heaven again.


This is the Wetherbee Formula:
wet + her + bee = wetherbee = we(a)ther + bee = smiles + love + hugs + science + friendship = what mrs. wetherbee is


Thanks for reading, I just had to get that off my shoulders.
Now I'll go do the homework she assigned me.

3 comments:

  1. did u ask mrs wetherbee if u could blog about her because she might not want to be talk about. And I feel the same way about her and we redid the seceret santa because Becca looked at mine! I really missteded u (my way of saying i miss u)today at schoolmy christmass tree is about 3 1/2 feet tallso we can put it in window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yur wierd. shell be fine, besides, i rote gud stuff about her, rite?
    i know we have new secret santa.
    i get my mac on tuesday. SO excited, ecept thats the day she leaves :(
    Me

    ReplyDelete