other bits of blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

summer and what comes with it

Well, hello there! It's been so long, I feel like I don't know what a blog is anymore. But hey, that's summer, isn't it? When somehow you're busier than you are during the rest of the year, even though you seemingly have less going on. When there's always something to do, somewhere to go, and you have no time to think about what you usually do. Your routine is wrenched apart, and when that happens, you know summer has begun.
Summer. Summer. Summer...Summer.
Summer.
Summer.
Summer
Gardens burst
Berries ripen
Birds sing
Flowers bloom
The light filters through the leaves on the trees
Like moonlight on water
Soft breezes caress your cheek
Velvet
This is all summer
But so is the icy water in the burning sun
Doing nothing
And not knowing whether you are bored
Or just happy
Being where you are
Normal life is broken
Shattered
But is that really so bad?
Is that too much to pay for summer?
I think not
So therefore I go on with summer
With no schedule
And nothing in my way
I survive
And thrive
In the summer wind

Well, that's my little 'hello' to you. I'll post when I can, but like I said, there seems to be nothing to do...when there always is. Or something like that.

2 comments:

  1. That last picture... are you on a roof? A high roof? Or a shed or something? Hmmm...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup i'm on my roof. :) not very very high, the roof over an average one-story room. but in my parent's room, there's a window that goes out onto the roof and it's just so...intriguing. then there's the giant bush that goes over the roof. it's fun :)

    ReplyDelete