other bits of blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

are we there yet

Are we there yet? No, we're not. I have something to tell you.

I've been doing a little songwriting lately. Yeah...previously my fingers have played the piano and my voice has sung its songs, but I've never actually put them together—until now.

In Your Dreams


Verse One:
There’s a little bit of sunlight
Creeping through your window every night
And there’s a little bit of moonbeam
While you’re sleeping
That’s in your dreams
In your dreams
In your dreams
Every day I’m walking down the street
With all its sunshine and its summer heat
But all I’m thinkin’ ‘bout is you
And you’re saying

Chorus:
It’s gonna be alright
It’s gonna be okay
I’m gonna get through this
Someday

Verse Two:
People flash by in the clouds
With faces grim and faces proud
Everyone is everywhere
And I can’t breathe
In the air
In the air
In the air
Fires burning bright and tall
Every bit of my life is much too small
And I don’t know what to say
So I’m singing

Chorus


Bridge:

I’m thinking, I’m hopin’
My arms are
Wide open
And my eyes are full of tears
I’ve been hit by your spears
By your spears
By your spirit
I hear it
Your voice in my ear

Chorus

Ending:
Someday
Someday
Someday
Someday
Ooo

Ooo
Ooo
There’s a little bit of sunlight
Creeping through your window every night
Am I in your dreams?
In your dreams?
You’re in mine
Ooo-ooo

I don't have a video or a recording or anything...now I feel pretty idiotic. Of course I post the lyrics to my song but don't have the music. That's me.
But maybe I can make up for that. See, there's this singer/songwriter whose fault it is that I'm writing songs. And there's this other singer/songwriter whose fault it is that I'm actually finishing the songs. Their names are Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson, and I find it a coincidence that they recorded a song together. So maybe to make up for the songs that you can't hear I'll give you some that you can.



Sara Barielles. Ingrid Michaelson. Wow.

Oh, and it's snowing, which I find pretty awesome. I mean, what's winter without snow?


Are we there yet? I think so. I hope so. And for now, that's all I'm going to do: hope.

2 comments:

  1. I luv Ingrid Michaelson's dress there, in Maybe. I can't say her voice is my favorite: I still prefer Sara Bareilles. Still. Definitely. I like Ingrid Michaelson though, and I definitely like the song. I love your song more though!!! See you soon. Call me if you want.
    -kiki/scarlet/hermy/ring tailed lemur/friend who loves you so, so much/friend who needs you/friend who appreciates you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay...IT"S GONNA BE ALRIGHTTTTT....IT'S GONNA BE OKKKKKAAAAYYY....(imagine me singing really, really out of key...that's what i am doing..)
    -kiki

    ReplyDelete