other bits of blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

willing hands


The End
The beginning begins
And the ending ends
Plots weave
Twist
Turning unexpectedly
And exactly as predicted
Crisp
Clean pages
That seem worn from love
And soft from overuse
Perfect overuse
Breathless
Leaving open mouths
Drying tears
Questions invading minds
Anger
Sadness
Joy
Too many emotions for one simple day
And yet there is no end to the words
Though the cover may shut
The sun may set
The light may be switched off
There will always be words
There will always be some little bit of sun
Some light from the glowing lamp
Because, no matter what happens
Who lives or dies
Who falls too deep into love
And deeper still
There will always be words
There will always be a story
Life ends
Covers close
The spinning world comes to a stop
But we go on
And the story will always
Always
Be in our hearts
Carried along by our love and joy and faithfulness
To pass along to willing hands
For, honestly
A story never truly ends
I've always been a reader—that goes without saying, because I write. And what writers don't read? And what readers do or don't write? All of them. None of them. I don't know. (Those were confuzzling statements...)
Any moose—anyway, any whoose, whatever you want to say—I love to read, and I really always have. Though I have fallen in love with millions of books, I have never had a favorite one. And lately, I've fallen in love with a whole lot of books. I mean, a lot of books. *Sigh*
This post will be quick, since I have to go do homework and be infected with cabin fever and read read read read read more, but I want to spread the word about some absolutely fantasmigorical (that's the second time I'm using a completely brain-bewildering word...) authors and their utterly fabulous books:

Maggie Stiefvater
Andrea Cremer
Cassandra Clare
Ally Condie
Kristen Cashore
Gayle Forman
Jackson Pearce
Tamora Pierce
Kirsten Miller
Jodi Picoult
Suzanne Collins
And those are just a few. Comment and tell me which authors you like. I need more books. See, being me, I read way too fast...

And now I have three orders for you people out there. One, get off the computer. Two, get a book by one of these authors. And three, READ. As a little bird told me, every page will leave you breathless...So please, go ahead and read. Then you'll see what I mean.

10 comments:

  1. Love the list! Several of my favorite authors are on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I know a lot of those authors!!! So...... King Lear it is???????? And nice pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah i was thinking it would probably be king lear. i just need to check it out with my other shakespearean people, cause i thought it would be cool if we could all coordinate and go together. but i think that they can all do king lear too so thats probably what it'll be. but call me and we can talk and figure it out. k? k. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god PLEASE post again. PLEAAAASSSSEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. like, please post or it will drive me crazy! teehee! love, juju!

    ReplyDelete
  7. no i'm not posting anymore. just for u. happy v day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you REALLY not posting anymore? because I would walk to the Berkshires and poke you until you posted if you really weren't going to!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm totally posting! i was just teasing kiki....but i like the walking to the berkshires idea. i miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you should post i enjoy reading your posts i have stopped my blog cuz it is just stupid and pointless i mean you have something to write and of coarse i don't as all ways

    PS there are probably like 5 billion grammar mistakes in this comment

    ReplyDelete