other bits of blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

memoirs of computer class—and just a tad more

Say hello to the big, huge, crazy world out there. Wow, so much can happen it such a short time, can't it? Yes it can. Yes it totally, freakishly, creepily, amazingly can.
In short, a lot of things happened to me. Including my first school semi and slow dance, my first roller skating fail, the-almost-finishing of my first finished story, and, even though this happened a long time ago, I moved from nowhere to somewhere, somewhere to nowhere.
In short, life happened.

And I'm here in computer class, stuck staring at a blinking, dizzying, blurring screen, while I should be outside in the sunshine. But, alas, I'm not. So I have to be content with this.


Inspire

Life walks

It whispers

And shimmies in and out of shadows

Like silk through the slipknot of a silver ring
My life
Is a river
The waterfall trickles over stones

Green

River
Jutting out foam and bubbles

Stones clinking

Mud drifting
Swaying like fog and life and sweet and love
And love and love and love

Speak

Of this time
Whisper

Of this night

That night

Forever memories
Never forgetting

I won't

I refuse to
Refuse to give up
Refuse to live the life I said I'd never live

And I lived it
I live it
Forever

In my mind

And body

And life

I don't even know what I'm writing here
Just needed to write
Needed to write a poem

The blue water

Blue sky reflecting me

A mirror of me

The only thing that reflects me
As me

Without the extra things

The words and memories
Dreams and hopes

Wishes
The whistle of an acorn
The whisper of the leaves in the wind

The pound of my feet against the grass

Inspire me



Technically, these.

Last Dance

He is here
There

Here

Tonight


Am I here

There

Here

Tonight?


This is life

Dance
Love
Tonight

Saying no

Held

Yes

Tonight


Keeping time

Beat

Pound

Tonight


Music blares

Soft

Loud

Tonight


And the bell rings...

To be continued.

3 comments:

  1. So..... you slow-danced too??? :)
    Fun, ain't it???
    With the person you emailed me about???
    Are you the mysterious commenter on my latest post????? :)
    If so or even if not, did you like it???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i did.
    yes, omigod it is.
    yes, with the person i emailed you about.
    yes, i'm the mysertious commenter.
    but no, i didn't like it. i loved it.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey maisies....nice. and I am clark's mysterious commenter, not you. i commented first....

    ReplyDelete